Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diablo'
(Ninebark) An ornamental species native to Central and Eastern North America, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diablo' is a flowering shrub with superb, rich-chocolate purple coloured leaves all summer.
Supplied Size: 3L containers (30 - 40 cm tall)
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An ornamental species native to Central and Eastern North America, Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diablo' is a flowering shrub with superb, rich-chocolate purple coloured leaves all summer. This dark foliage is an excellent backdrop for masses of white flowers in mid-summer.
A magnificent foliage plant, this looks particularly good when planted as part of a mixed border and makes a striking foil for plants with white, silver or golden leaves.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized, densely branching, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Notes: A specimen of Physocarpus opulifolius 'Diablo', planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 2.5 m and a spread of 4 m after 12 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Purple/Red, Screening/Hedge, To grow in a pot
You might also like