Zelkova x verschaffeltii
(Cut-leaf Water Elm) A rare small tree, Zelkova x verschaffeltii has a graceful branching habit once established and narrow, deeply incised leaves.
Supplied Size: 3L / 4L pots (approx 3 years old, 80 - 100 cm tall)
(Surcharges may apply for Highlands, Islands & other areas, please click for further details)
A rare small tree, Zelkova x verschaffeltii has a graceful branching habit once established and narrow, deeply incised leaves. The leaves are dark green in spring and summer, usually turning good shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
A hardy tree, Zelkova x verschaffeltii is usually best planted in sun or light, dappled shade and appreciates shelter from strong wind.
- Position: Full sun or light dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil. Zelkova x verschaffeltii is tolerant of dry soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Zelkova x verschaffeltii grows to be a very small, branching tree.
- Height: approx 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like