Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup'
(Dwarf White Cedar) A handsome, slow-growing conifer, Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup' has very dark green scale-like leaves and a dense, conical, upright habit once established.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A handsome, slow-growing conifer, Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup' has very dark green scale-like leaves and a dense, conical, upright habit once established. The leaves may develop bronze-tints in winter, turning back to green in the following year.
Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup has a neat and tidy apperance and does not really need pruning to keep its shape. Ideal for planting as a standalone conifer or in a line to act as a low screen, it can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Thuja occidentalis 'Holmstrup' will grow as a narrow, conical shrub in the short term, making a very small tree in many years.
- Height: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft) eventually or 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft) in 10 years
- Spread: up to 1.5 m (3 - 5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge, Habit - Narrow