Taxodium distichum is a handsome, deciduous, medium sized or eventually large tree with lush green summer leaves turning bronze in autumn before falling. Excellent for wet ground!
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
(Swamp Cypress) A species of deciduous conifer native to the south-eastern United States, Taxodium distichum grows to be an attractive, tall, conical tree.
The pretty, soft green and fern-like leaves will turn shades of rich reddish-brown in autumn before they fall. Taxodium distichum is an eye-catching garden tree which thrives in wet conditions. Taxodium looks fantastic when planted in groups next to ponds or streams.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile soil. Taxodium distichum will tolerate very wet soil conditions.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate until established then vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized or eventually large tree with a conical, upright habit.
- Height: up to 25 m (82 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall), Tree - Large (over 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant
You might also like