- On sale!
(Japanese Stephanandra) Stephanandra tanakae is an uncommon shrub native to the hills and mountainsides of Japan with arching stems, lovely dark green summer leaves and warm orange or red autumn colours.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 8 - 12 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An uncommon shrub native to the hills and mountainsides of Japan with arching stems, lovely dark green summer leaves and warm orange or red autumn colours. In mid-summer Stephanandra tanakae has pretty cream coloured flowers which stand out well against the dark leaves.
Stephanandra tanakae is a fine shrub for a woodland garden or planting at the back of a border!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September .
- Flower Colour: Creamy white
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Stephanandra tanakae grows to be a branching,medium sized shrub.
- Height: up to 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Stephanandra tanakae is a tough, easy to grow garden plant.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant, Screening/Hedge
You might also like