(Bridal Wreath Spirea) Eye-catching in spring, Spiraea 'Arguta' has long branches covered dense, pointed clusters of pure white flowers in April or May (occasionally June after a cold spring).
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Eye-catching in spring, Spiraea 'Arguta' has long branches covered dense, pointed clusters of pure white flowers in April or May (occasionally June after a cold spring). The leaves are bright green in spring and summer with autumn tints.
Spiraea 'Arguta' is an easy, reliable garden shrub which is suitable for most soils. Although it will tolerate some shade, it will flower best if planted in a sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile, well drained soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Spiraea 'Arguta' grows to be a medium sized shrub with arching branches. It can be pruned back if required.
- Height: up to 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Pruning: For the best display of flowers, prune after flowering each year.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like