Sorbus commixta 'Olympic Flame'
(Rowan) Sorbus commixta 'Olympic Flame' is a small tree with excellent orange and red autumn colour and bright red berries in October.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Sorbus commixta 'Olympic Flame' is a small tree with excellent orange and red autumn colour and bright red berries in October. The early spring leaves are tinged with bronze and darken to green later on in the summer.
Sorbus commixta 'Olympic Flame' is a tough, hardy tree suitable for most gardens. The autumn colour is very good and it also has colourful berries which can last long into winter.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils. Sorbus commixta 'Olympic Flame' does not usually enjoy wet or waterlogged soil and needs decent drainage to thrive.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Sorbus commixta 'Olympic Flame' grows to be a very small, branching tree.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft)
- Important Please Read - Sorbus (Rowan / Mountain Ash) species and cultivars are not and cannot be affected by the Ash disease, Chalara fraxinea. Despite the potentially confusing name, mountain ashes are actually in the rose family, Rosacaea, and are closely related to apples and pears etc. Fraxinus excelsior (Common ash), are in the olive family, Oleaceae and the wind born disease recently found in the UK is completely specific to this genus.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Fruit - Ornamental
You might also likeNew Price Each £38.00New Price Each £16.95New Price Each £38.00
New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £15.00New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £32.00