Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Bultinck Yellow'
(Golden Giant Redwood) A spectacular new cultivar, Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Bultinck Yellow' has lovely golden-yellow, young leaves in spring / early summer which slowly darken to pale green later in the year.
Rarely available for sale.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A spectacular new cultivar, Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Bultinck Yellow' has lovely golden-yellow, young leaves in spring / early summer which slowly darken to pale green later in the year. As this is an evergreen plant, some of the golden variegation stays on the growing tips is still visible over the winter months.
Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Bultinck Yellow' is a very rare and handsome, slow growing tree.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil. Sequoiadendron giganteum does not enjoy shallow, chalky soils.
- Hardiness: Very hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Eventually a medium sized tree with a conical, upright habit.
- Height: 13+ m (42 ft) in the U. K.
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Sequoiadendron giganteum 'Bultinck Yellow' is a new introduction and the above height and spread are an estimate based on the current growing rate of a young specimen in our woodland gardens, which is shown in the photos above. As this is a very long-lived tree, in hundreds of years it could of course be much larger.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Medium (20 - 50 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Ornamental Bark / Colourful Winter Stems
- On sale!