Schizophragma fauriei 'Angel Wings'
(Climbing Hydrangea) New to us, Schizophragma fauriei 'Angel Wings' has dark green leaves with sterile flower clusters in mid to late summer surrounded by eye-catching creamy white bracts.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
New to us, Schizophragma fauriei 'Angel Wings' has dark green leaves with sterile flower clusters in mid to late summer surrounded by eye-catching creamy white bracts. Very leafy in the summer and ideal for climbing up an old tree, wall or fence in light, dappled or partial shade.
- Position: Light, partial or reasonably heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Rate of Growth: Slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Schizophragma fauriei 'Angel Wings' eventually grows to be a medium sized self-clinging climbing plant.
- Height: 5 - 6 m (16 - 20 ft)
- Spread: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: In cooler, northern parts of the United Kingdom, Schizophragma fauriei 'Angel Wings' will grow in a sunny position. In southern areas with hot summers, they much prefer partial shade. This plant requires protection from slugs.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Climber - Medium (10 - 20 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Rare and Unusual
You might also likeRegular price £28.00 -10% New Price Each £25.20
New Price Each £24.95New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £19.95New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £9.95
- On sale!