(Japanese Bamboo) A spreading dwarf bamboo native to Japan, Sasa veitchii has dark green leaves which gradually wither and turn an attractive creamy-straw colour around the leaf edge.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A spreading dwarf bamboo native to Japan, Sasa veitchii has dark green leaves which gradually wither and turn an attractive creamy-straw colour around the leaf edge. This gives the leaves a wonderful mottled appearance and is particularly eye-catching in winter. Superb as a ground cover plant!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Spreading ground cover bamboo.
- Height: 1.5 - 2.5 m (5 - 8 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Sasa veitchii spreads quickly and is more suitable for growing as a ground cover plant in larger gardens. In smaller gardens it can be grown successfully in a large container.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Shade, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Ground Cover, Grass - Large (over 6 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Screening/Hedge, Leaf Colour - Variegated
- On sale!