- Reduced price
(Giant Reed) Arundo donax is a majestic, tall perennial grass which is a native of the Camargue, a huge, marshy river delta in south France.
Free delivery for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Scottish Highlands .
with Sagepay (Opayo) our website payment provider
A majestic, perennial native of the Camargue, a huge, marshy river delta in south France. Arundo donax is a tall plant, growing into an imposing, elegant stand many dwarfs many species of bamboo. The stem material is both flexible and strong enough to be used as a reed for woodwind instruments such as the oboe, bassoon and clarinet.
- Position: Sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Tall, elegant grass.
- Height: up to 4 m (13 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: The old stems should be cut down to the ground in late winter each year. Although known as an invasive weed in warmer parts of the world, we find that in Derbyshire, U.K. it spreads very slowly if at all.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Mature Size
- Grass - Large (over 6 ft)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Screening/Hedge, Habit - Architectural
Frequently Purchased With
Popular PlantsNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £85.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £14.95New Price Each £38.00New Price Each £38.00Regular price £12.95 -10% New Price Each £11.66
New Price Each £12.95
- Reduced price