Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty'
(Black Elder) A superb cultivar, Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty' has rich purple-black foliage and flattened umbels (clusters) of deep pink flowers in midsummer, followed by masses of small black fruit which are popular with birds and wildlife.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A superb cultivar, Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty' has rich purple-black foliage and flattened umbels (clusters) of deep pink flowers in midsummer, followed by masses of small black fruit. The berries are popular with birds and wildlife.
A spectacular and easy to grow foliage plant with best leaf colour if planted in a sunny spot!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June.
- Flower Colour: Deep pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Large branching shrub with an upright, rounded habit.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft)
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft)
- Notes: Sambucus nigra 'Black Beauty' can be pruned back hard if required.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Flowers in Summer, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Foliage - Purple/Red, Honey Fungus Resistant