Rubus spectabilis 'Olympic Double'
(Salmonberry) Native to the west coast of North America from southern Alaska south to California, Rubus spectabilis 'Olympic Double' has spectacular fully double, magenta-rose coloured flowers in late spring.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Native to the west coast of North America from southern Alaska south to California, Rubus spectabilis 'Olympic Double' has spectacular fully double, magenta-rose coloured flowers in late spring. These flowers contrast well with the bright green foliage.
An easy to grow Rubus which once planted will naturally spread and form a large clump, but can also be grown in a large container if garden space is more limited.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Tolerates damp (but not waterlogged) soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May
- Flower Colour: Magenta
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Medium sized densely branching, suckering shrub if unpruned.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft) or 1.5 m (5 ft) if pruned to the ground yearly.
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: As this plant can spread, Rubus spectabilis 'Olympic Double' is usually best planted in an area with restricted root space, for example at the edge of a border or path. This plant was formerly called Rubus spectabilis 'Flore Pleno'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Flowers in Spring, Screening/Hedge, Honey Fungus Resistant