Rhaphiolepis indica 'Red Cloud'
(Indian Hawthorn) New to us, Rhaphiolepis indica 'Red Cloud' is an unusual evergreen shrub with vibrant pinkish-red flowers in late Spring. Best flower display if planted in a sunny position with shelter from strong winds. May be grown in a large container.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Rhaphiolepis indica 'Red Cloud' is an unusual evergreen shrub with vibrant pinkish-red flowers in late Spring. The leaves are a glossy dark green in colour.
Best flower display in a sunny position sheltered from wind.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Any reasonably well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Requires shelter from cold winter winds.
- Flowering Period: April - June
- Flower Colour: Pink-red
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small, rounded branching shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 m (5 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowers in Spring, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers