Rhamnus frangula 'Fine Line'
(Columnar Alder Buckthorn) A new and exciting introduction, Rhamnus frangula 'Fine Line' is an upright, deciduous shrub with very narrow, fine, dark green leaves which turn butter yellow in autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A new and exciting introduction, Rhamnus frangula 'Fine Line' is an upright, deciduous shrub with very narrow, fine, dark green leaves which turn butter yellow in autumn before falling. The upright shape and narrow foliage looks nearly bamboo-like. Established plants have an interesting, mottled bark.
An excellent choice of plant for gardens with limited space or for growing in a large container!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp (but not waterlogged) soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Medium sized, narrow upright shrub.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft).
- Notes: This plant is also known as Rhamnus frangula 'Ron Williams'.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Windy & Exposed
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Good for Wildlife (Insects including bees & butterflies), Habit - Narrow, Fruit - Ornamental, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
You might also like