Quercus dentata 'Carl Ferris Miller'
(Daimyo Oak) Native to Korea, Quercus dentata 'Carl Ferris Miller' has deeply lobed leaves that are some of the largest of any Oak, sometimes reaching up to 30 cm long on a mature specimen.
(Delivery within approximately 5 - 8 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to Korea, Quercus dentata 'Carl Ferris Miller' has deeply lobed leaves that are some of the largest of any Oak, sometimes reaching up to 30 cm long on a mature specimen. These striking leaves turn to a warm apricot-brown colour in autumn and often remain on the tree late into winter before falling.
Quercus dentata 'Carl Ferris Miller' is an unusual and eye-catching tree ideal for planting in gardens and woodland areas. This is a very slow growing tree and while lovely is certainly not for instant gratification. Best for patient gardeners!
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Very slow.
- Habit: Quercus dentata 'Carl Ferris Miller' grows to be a small tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: up to 8 m (26 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: Quercus dentata 'Carl Ferris Miller' is very slow growing, not a plant for instant gratification and will take many years to reach the above eventual height.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Honey Fungus Resistant, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual
You might also likeNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £25.00New Price Each £9.95
New Price Each £40.00New Price Each £28.00Regular price £18.95 -10% New Price Each £17.06
- On sale!