Prunus spinosa 'Plena'
(Double flowered Blackthorn) Prunus spinosa 'Plena' is an unusual and desirable small tree covered with masses of dainty, double white flowers in March or April.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual and desirable small tree, Prunus spinosa 'Plena' is very hardy and covered with masses of dainty, double white flowers in March or April. The flowers are followed by dark green leaves which last until autumn.
Prunus spinosa 'Plena' is an attractive selection of our native blackthorn and ideal for a natural woodland garden or for planting as a specimen tree to give exceptional spring interest.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Prunus spinosa 'Plena' grows to be a small tree with a rounded crown.
- Height: 5 m (16 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: Prunus are known for their vigorous root systems and should not be planted over drains or close to house foundations.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Rare and Unusual