Polypodium vulgare 'Bifido Multifidum'
(Crested Polypody) Polypodium vulgare 'Bifido Multifidum' is a lovely evergreen fern with bright green, deeply divided, pinnate (feather-like) fronds.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Polypodium vulgare 'Bifido Multifidum' is a lovely evergreen fern with bright green, deeply divided, pinnate (feather-like) fronds. Young fronds emerge in spring covered with fine chestnut brown scales before unfurling.
Ideal for a garden position in light dappled or heavy shade. It can also be grown very successfully in a container, provided it is in a shady position.
- Position: Light, dappled or heavy shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Polypodium vulgare 'Bifido Multifidum' grows to be a small, spreading fern.
- Height: up to 30 - 40 cm (1 ft)
- Spread: up to 80 - 100 cm (2 - 3 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Mature Size
- Herbaceous - Small, Ground Cover
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large
- On sale!