Physocarpus opulifolius 'All Red'
(Ninebark) New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'All Red' is a slow growing, compact small or eventually medium sized deciduous shrub with dark purplish-red leaves and clusters of white flowers in summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
New to us, Physocarpus opulifolius 'All Red' is a slow growing, compact small or eventually medium sized deciduous shrub with dark purplish-red leaves and clusters of white flowers in summer. Thge young leaves are most colourful in Spring, turning darker purple red in summer. Finally leaves develop purple, bronze and orange tints as they fall in autumn.
Robust and hardy, best foliage colour and flower display will usually be seen when planted in a position with plenty of sun.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil. Will tolerate damp but well drained soil (avoid waterlogged areas).
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Small to medium sized, compact shrub.
- Height: up to 1.5 - 2 m (5 - 6 ft)
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m), Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Foliage - Purple/Red, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge