Persicaria affinis 'Donald Lowndes'
0An attractive, low ground cover perennial, Persicaria affinis 'Donald Lowndes' has dark green leaves and colourful deep-red and pink flowers in summer.
An attractive, low ground cover perennial, Persicaria affinis 'Donald Lowndes' has dark green leaves and colourful deep-red and pink flowers in summer. The leaves turn dark red or rich chestnut-brown in autumn giving a lovely foliage effect. A slower growing plant then Persicaria campanulata.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Persicaria affinis 'Donald Lowndes' grows to be a spreading, ground cover plant.
- Height: 20 cm (½ ft)
- Spread: 60 cm (2 ft) +
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Ground Cover, Herbaceous - Small (less than 0.6m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowers in Summer, Suitable for Containers