(Royal Fern) An elegant, large fern with tall stalks unfurling into fronds which stay bright green all year before turning a warm golden, cinnamon-brown colour in autumn.
(Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands. Click for delivery info)
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Order before 20th December for Christmas delivery
An elegant, large fern with tall stalks unfurling into fronds which stay bright green all year before turning a warm golden, cinnamon-brown colour in autumn. In the summer once established, spore-bearing fronds appear, from a distance looking like faded flower heads.
Osmunda regalis is a superb plant for a shady spot and looks particularly good next to streams or ponds.
- Position: Sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Osmunda regalis grows to be large, clump forming fern.
- Height: up to 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft)
- Notes: For enhanced winter interest, do not cut back down the dead, golden-brown fronds until late winter.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade, Shade
- Eventual Size
- Herbaceous - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- To grow in a pot, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
You might also like