Nandina domestica 'Richmond'
(Heavenly Bamboo) Nandina 'Richmond' is a lovely bamboo-like, semi-evergreen shrub with spikes of white flowers in summer, followed by vivid red berries in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to Japan and China, Nandina 'Richmond' is a lovely bamboo-like, semi-evergreen shrub with spikes of white flowers in summer, followed by clusters of vivid red berries in autumn.
The dark green, glossy leaves are delicate and very ornamental. Nandina domestica 'Richmond' is a superb plant for warm borders or for planting next to a sunny wall or door.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist, well drained, fertile soil. Not suitable for waterlogged areas.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Nandina domestica 'Richmond' requires protection from cold winter winds and may loose its leaves in a severe winter.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Nandina domestica 'Richmond' grows to be a medium sized shrub with a compact, upright habit.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Notes: Nandina domestica 'Richmond' requires a warm site to fruit well. This plant is related distantly to Berberis.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Fruit - Ornamental, To grow in a pot, Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August)
- On sale!