(Myrtle) Myrtus communis is a popular evergreen shrub native to Southern Europe and Western Asia with masses of lovely white flowers in late summer which stand out well against the dark green leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Myrtus communis is a popular evergreen shrub native to Southern Europe and Western Asia with masses of lovely white flowers in late summer which stand out well against the dark green leaves. Interestingly, tradition decrees a sprig of myrtle flowers should be used in royal wedding bouquets. The leaves have a pleasing, aromatic fragrance when crushed or rubbed.
Myrtus communis is an excellent garden plant with year round interest, doing best in a warm, sheltered garden!
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Requires a warm position. Myrtus communis requires shelter from cold winter winds and protection in cold winters.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Myrtus communis eventually grows to be a medium sized shrub with a bushy, rounded habit.
- Height: up to 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Please be aware that Myrtus communis can be a fickle and difficult plant in the winter or if planted in a poor position. As such, it is not covered by our normal guarantee.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, To grow in a pot
You might also likeNew Price Each £14.95
New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £12.95New Price Each £28.00New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £25.00