Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby'
(Dwarf Dawn Redwood) A rare and slow growing selection, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby' has bright green summer foliage which turns bronze in the autumn before falling.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 8 - 12 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
A rare and slow growing selection, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby' has bright green summer foliage which turns bronze in the autumn before falling. The young leaves in spring are an attractive blueish-green in colour.
This Metasequoia is much slower growing than most other dawn redwoods and is more suitable for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby' particularly enjoys damp or wet sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small tree with a conical habit.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Windy & Exposed, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Architectural, Screening/Hedge, Rare and Unusual
You might also like