Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby'
(Dwarf Dawn Redwood) A rare and slow growing selection, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby' has bright green summer foliage which turns bronze in the autumn before falling.
A rare and slow growing selection, Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby' has bright green summer foliage which turns bronze in the autumn before falling. The young leaves in spring are an attractive blueish-green in colour.
This Metasequoia is much slower growing than most other dawn redwoods and is more suitable for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Moist, fertile soil. Metasequoia glyptostroboides 'Chubby' particularly enjoys damp or wet sites.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Small tree with a bushy, conical habit.
- Height: 4 - 5 m (13 - 16 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Damp/Wet, Soil: Not Fussy, Site: Windy, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Habit - Architectural, Screening/Hedge, Rare and Unusual