Malus x 'Harry Baker'
(Crab Apple) An excellent choice of tree for edible crab apples, Malus x 'Harry Baker' is grown for its exceptionally colourful, dark pink flowers in spring and its large, ruby-red fruit in autumn.
(However due to high demand we are currently shipping orders within 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
An excellent choice of tree for edible crab apples, Malus x 'Harry Baker' is grown for its exceptionally colourful, dark pink flowers in spring and its large, ruby-red fruit in autumn.
These fruit are larger then those of the other crab apples listed here and particularly suitable for cooking and by all accounts make a great crab apple jelly!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: Dark pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus x 'Harry Baker' grows to be a small rounded tree.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Notes: Malus x 'Harry Baker' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible, Flowering Season - Spring (March - May), Fruit - Ornamental, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
You might also like