- Sold Out
(Pillar Crab Apple) Malus tschonoskii is a beautiful small tree native to the woods of Eastern Asia and Japan with a distinctive, columnar habit and delightful, white-tinged pink flowers in May.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands
Order before 1pm on 21/12/22 for Christmas Delivery
A beautiful small tree native to the woods of Eastern Asia and Japan, Malus tschonoskii has a distinctive, columnar habit and delightful, white-tinged pink flowers in May. These flowers are followed by colourful yellow-red fruit with a slightly acid flavour in autumn.
Malus tschonoskii will usually produce its best display of autumn colour if planted in a very sunny position.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May.
- Flower Colour: Pinkish-white.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus tschonoskii Belmonte' grows to be a small, narrow and columnar tree.
- Height: up to 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft).
- Spread: up to 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Site: Windy
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour