Malus x 'Evereste'
(Crab Apple) Malus x 'Evereste' is a handsome and easy to grow tree with masses or pale pink and white flowers in spring followed in autumn by clusters of edible, yellow and red, long lasting fruit.
A handsome and easy to grow tree, Malus x 'Evereste' has masses or pale pink and white flowers in spring followed in autumn by clusters of edible, yellow and red, long lasting fruit.
Once established, it also has excellent autumn colour with the leaves turning glowing shades of orange and yellow before falling.
Malus x 'Evereste' is a lovely, rounded garden tree which doesn't get to large!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White flushed with pale pink
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Malus x 'Evereste' grows to be a small tree with a densely branching, rounded habit.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft).
- Pruning: Malus x 'Evereste' can be pruned to shape in late winter or early spring if required.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Site: Windy, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Fruit - Edible, Screening/Hedge, Flowers in Spring, Fruit - Ornamental, Wildlife Friendly - Bees, Autumn Colour, Wildlife Friendly - Birds