(Chinese Mahonia) Mahonia nitens is an unusual, compact shrub native to China with eye-catching racemes of orange-yellow flowers in autumn.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Mahonia nitens is an unusual, compact shrub native to China with eye-catching racemes of orange-yellow flowers in autumn. These flowers stand out well against the dark green pinnate leaves. Interesting blueish-grey berries may appear once the flowers have finished.
An ornamental hardy shrub suitable for a position in sun or shade. Can also be grown in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: September - December.
- Flower Colour: Orange/Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Mahonia nitens eventually grows to be a medium sized, compact shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade, Full Sun, Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Flowering Season - Autumn (September - November), To grow in a pot
You might also like