Magnolia x wieseneri
Magnolia x wieseneri is a very rare Magnolia with sensational 10 - 12 cm wide, ivory-white, cerise-centered flowers and the most wonderful perfume in summer.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
Very rare Magnolia with sensational 10 - 12 cm wide, ivory-white, cerise-centered flowers and the most wonderful perfume in summer. Magnolia x wieseneri is a reasonably easy plant to grow and will flower as quite a young plant!
A delightful, choice garden plant with probably the best scent of any Magnolia flower that we have seen. The flowers will last for a longer period of time if planted in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Ivory white with a cerise centre
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x wieseneri grows to be a small branching tree with a somewhat rounded crown once established.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 6 m (20 ft)
- Notes: This plant was formerly known as Magnolia x watsonii. A specimen of Magnolia x wieseneri, planted in the arboretum surrounding our nursery had reached a height of 3 m and a spread of 2.5 m after 12 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Scented, Rare and Unusual
You might also like