Magnolia x soulangeana 'Alba Superba'
Magnolia x soulangeana 'Alba Superba' is an enchanting small tree with fabulous fragrant, bridal-white, goblet shaped flowers (up to 10 - 15 cm wide) in early spring.
However following government guidelines our nursery site is closed to visitors for the time being.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
An enchanting selection, Magnolia x soulangeana 'Alba Superba' has fabulous, fragrant, bridal-white, goblet shaped flowers (up to 10 - 15 cm wide) in early spring. These eye-catching flowers stand out well against the pale green, oval leaves.
This Magnolia flowers as a young plant, usually after two or three years and the display only gets better as the plant ages. Once established it has a reasonably upright and compact habit, making it suitable for gardens with limited space.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soils.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: March - April.
- Flower Colour: White with a hint of pink.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Magnolia x soulangeana 'Alba Superba' grows to be a small, rounded tree once established.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft)
- Notes: We have found that although hardy, Magnolia x soulangeana 'Alba Superba' is best planted in an area which does not receive early morning sunlight in spring, as this combined with a frost can cause damage to the flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Spring (March - May)
You might also like