Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific'
(Japanese Honeysuckle) A beautiful semi-evergreen climber Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific' has dark green, oval leaves and masses of fragrant flowers in summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A beautiful semi-evergreen climber Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific' has dark green, oval leaves and masses of fragrant flowers in summer. These flowers open as white or cream, turning yellow from mid to late summer, even on young plants. After flowering it has ornamental, small, purplish-black berries.
Fantastic flowering climber, best in a sunny position on trellis or wires against a sunny wall or fence. Can also be used to gradually cover old trees or shrubs.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy. Although usually evergreen, in very cold winters, Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific' can loose some of its leaves, which will re-grow in the following year.
- Flowering Period: May - August.
- Rate of Growth: Vigorous.
- Habit: Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific' grows to be a large, twining climbing plant which requires support as it will not self-cling.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft)
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft)
- Notes: Lonicera japonica 'Hall's Prolific' will flower best in a warm, sunny position. This plant was formerly called Lonicera japonica 'Halliana'.
- How Much Sun
- Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Climber - Medium (2.5m - 4m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Scented, Flowers in Summer