Liriodendron tulipifera 'Glen Gold'
(Golden-leaved Tulip Tree) An unusual small tree, Liriodendron tulipifera 'Glen Gold' has large, plate-like, golden leaves in spring and summer which turn pretty shades of yellow before falling in autumn.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual cultivar, Liriodendron tulipifera 'Glen Gold' has large, plate-like, golden leaves in spring and summer which turn pretty shades of yellow before falling in autumn. Pale yellow-green, cup-shaped flowers appear on the branches once mature.
Liriodendron tulipifera 'Glen Gold' grows to be a handsome, low maintenance garden tree with best foliage display in a position sheltered from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Moist or well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: June - July.
- Flower Colour: Yellowish-green with orange markings
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous.
- Habit: Eventually a small, spreading tree.
- Height: 8 - 10 m (26 - 32 ft).
- Spread: 6 - 8 m (20 - 26 ft).
- Notes: Liriodendron tulipifera 'Glen Gold' is most suited to a position sheltered from strong winds. Please bare in mind that Liriodendron tulipifera 'Glen Gold' does not start flowering for between 20 - 25 years.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Leaf Colour - Gold/Yellow, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual