- Sold Out
Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia'
(Narrow-leaved Bay Tree) Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' is a rare shrub has slender, evergreen leaves which release an aromatic scent when bruised and can be used in cooking.
Sent by courier. Free delivery for orders over £75*
Surcharges apply for P&P to Highlands & Islands*
For assistance or to order by phone call our office on 01530 413700
A rare selection of the familiar bay tree, Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' has slender, evergreen leaves which release an aromatic scent when bruised and can be used in cooking. This is more hardy then a standard bay tree and can successfully be grown outside in the U.K. although it still does best in a warm position and still requires protection in severe winters.
Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' is a handsome, evergreen plant, best against a sunny wall or fence. Can be grown in a large container if required.
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' will grow best when planted in a position sheltered from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' grows to be a large densely branching shrub.
- Height: up to 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 5 m (16 ft).
Notes: This plant is also known as Laurus nobilis 'Salicifolia'. Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will replace a Laurus nobilis 'Angustifolia' which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium, Shrub - Large
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Scented, Screening/Hedge, Suitable for Containers
- On sale!