Laurus nobilis 'Aurea'
(Golden Bay) Laurus nobilis 'Aurea is a handsome large evergreen shrub or eventually very small tree with golden leaves which are particularly good for winter colour.
Free delivery for orders over £75*
*Surcharges apply for Highlands & Islands
A handsome large evergreen shrub or eventually very small tree, Laurus nobilis 'Aurea' has golden leaves which are particularly effective for providing colour in a garden through the winter. The leaves may be used in cooking as ordinary bay leaves.
Laurus nobilis 'Aurea' can be grown well in a large pot or container if required and can be pruned to size.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Somewhat hardy. Laurus nobilis 'Aurea' will grow best when planted in a position sheltered from cold winter winds and may require protection in severe winters.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Laurus nobilis 'Aurea' grows to be a large densely branching shrub or eventually a small tree in many years. Can be pruned yearly to limit the size if required.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft).
- Spread: 8 m (26 ft).
Notes: Please note that although we usually guarantee plants for a year after purchase, we will not replace a Laurus 'Aurea' which is damaged or killed by winter cold.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large, Shrub - Medium, Tree - Small
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge
- On sale!
- On sale!