Koelreuteria paniculata 'Fastigiata'
(Columnar Golden Rain Tree) Native to eastern Asia, China and Korea, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Fastigiata' is a cultivar with a particularly narrow, columnar habit and handsome pinnate (feather-like) foliage.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Native to eastern Asia, China and Korea, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Fastigiata' is a cultivar with a particularly narrow, columnar habit and handsome pinnate (feather-like) foliage. The leaves are pale green and turn a beautiful golden-yellow in a good, crisp autumn before falling.
Panicles of attractive yellow flowers appear in midsummer on even quite young specimens and in a hot year, these flowers are followed by pinkish-red, bladder-like fruit.
A lovely, narrow tree for a warm, sunny garden but it can be slow to establish and so this is not a tree for instant gratification!
- Position: Full sun.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Yellow
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a small tree a narrow, upright habit.
- Height: up to 10 m (32 ft).
- Spread: 2 m (6 ft).
- Notes: Although hardy, Koelreuteria paniculata 'Fastigiata' will grow best in a warm, sunny, sheltered garden. In cooler areas, this will be a smaller tree perhaps reaching a height of up to 6 m (20 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy)
- Special Features
- Autumn Colour, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Habit - Narrow, Honey Fungus Resistant