(Holly-leaf Sweetspire) An evergreen shrub native to Western China, Itea ilicifolia has dark green, glossy, holly-like leaves and long catkin-like, greenish-white flowers with a pleasing scent in mid-summer.
(Delivery within approximately 6 - 10 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An evergreen shrub native to Western China, Itea ilicifolia has dark green, glossy, holly-like leaves and long catkin-like, greenish-white flowers with a pleasing scent in mid-summer.
Rather lax in habit, this delightful shrub is most often grown and trained against a wall where the reflected heat encourages more flowers and better growth, although in warmer parts of the U.K., Itea ilicifolia grows to be a striking standalone plant.
Generally speaking Itea illicifolia re slow growing when young and not for instant gratification. Best for patient gardeners!
- Position: Warm in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Itea ilicifolia appreciates shelter from strong winter winds.
- Flowering Period: July - August.
- Flower Colour: Greenish-white
- Rate of Growth: Very slow until established then moderate.
- Habit: Eventually a large, branching shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: In our experience, the best Itea ilicifolia are often seen growing against warm, sunny, south or south-west facing walls or fences.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Catkins, Evergreen, Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), Honey Fungus Resistant, Scented
You might also likeNew Price Each £28.00New Price Each £45.00New Price Each £38.00
New Price Each £25.00
New Price Each £9.95New Price Each £35.00New Price Each £35.00