(Yunnan Holly) An unusual medium sized shrub, Ilex yunnanensis is native to Western China and has small, dark green leathery leaves with a slightly wavy edge.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
You can also order by calling our office on 01530 413700
An unusual medium sized shrub, Ilex yunnanensis is native to Western China and has small, dark green leathery leaves with a slightly wavy edge. Small white flowers in late summer.
Suitable for a position in sun or light shade. Slow to grow but can be used to screen once established and develops into a fetching specimen shrub.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Ilex yunnanensis requires protection from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ilex yunnanensis grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub or possibly slightly larger in very mild areas.
- Height: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Unusual Shape, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual, Screening/Hedge
- On sale!