(Yunnan Holly) An unusual medium sized shrub, Ilex yunnanensis is native to Western China and has small, dark green leathery leaves with a slightly wavy edge.
*Surcharges apply for Islands & Highlands
Free delivery for orders over £75*
Secure payment by VISA / Mastercard
An unusual medium sized shrub, Ilex yunnanensis is native to Western China and has small, dark green leathery leaves with a slightly wavy edge. Small white flowers in late summer.
Suitable for a position in sun or light shade. Slow to grow but can be used to screen once established and develops into a fetching specimen shrub.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Ilex yunnanensis requires protection from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ilex yunnanensis grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub or possibly slightly larger in very mild areas.
- Height: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Not Fussy, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Special: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Unusual Shape, Suitable for Containers, Rare and Unusual, Screening/Hedge
- On sale!
- On sale!