Ilex aquifolium 'Crassifolia'
(English Holly) Ilex aquifolium 'Crassifolia' is an unusual holly growing slowly to be a medium sized or eventually large, upright shrub with small, slightly curved leaves edged with small spines.
Free P&P for orders over £150
*Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
Ilex aquifolium 'Crassifolia' is an unusual holly growing slowly to be a medium sized or eventually large, upright shrub with small, slightly curved leaves edged with small spines. The leaves are dark green in colour. and the young growth can be purple tinted in colour.
A rare and interesting plant grown for its curious leaves. Best in sun or light, dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ilex aquifolium 'Crassifolia' grows to be a medium sized or eventually large shrub.
- Height: 2.5 - 3m (8 - 10 ft) in many years.
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: This is a male holly and will pollinate surrounding female Ilex aquifolium, however it is slow growing and will take some time to reach a size where it can support many flowers.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, To grow in a pot, Leaf Shape - Unusual or Large, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!
- On sale!