Ilex crenata 'Geisha'
(Japanese Holly) A slow growing dwarf shrub, Ilex crenata 'Geisha' has small rounded, glossy green leaves and eye-catching yellow berries once established.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A slow growing dwarf shrub, Ilex crenata 'Geisha' has small rounded, glossy green leaves and eye-catching yellow berries once established. These colourful berries are a marked change from the typical purple-black berries we see on other Ilex crenata cultivars.
Ilex crenata 'Geisha' is very slow growing and suited to a position in fun or shade in gardens of any size. It can also be grown successfully in a large container for many years.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained or moist, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: April - May.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Very Slow.
- Habit: Ilex crenata 'Geisha' grows to be a small, rounded shrub.
- Height: up to 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft).
- Spread: 0.8 - 1 m (2 - 3 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Damp / Wet
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Leaf Colour - Variegated, To grow in a pot
- On sale!