Ilex aquifolium 'Argentea Marginata Pendula'
(Weeping Variegated Holly) An unusual weeping selection of holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Argentea Marginata Pendula' is slow growing with creamy-white variegated leaves.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
An unusual weeping selection of holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Argentea Marginata Pendula' is slow growing with creamy-white variegated leaves. Not hugely vigorous, this gradually develops into a large branching shrub or eventually a small rounded tree with arching branches. This is a female holly and will produce clusters of bright red berries in autumn if pollinated by a nearby male.
Most suitable for a position in full sun or light, dappled shade with some shelter from strong winds.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: Ilex aquifolium 'Argentea Marginata Pendula' grows to be a weeping large shrub or eventually a small tree in many years.
- Height: 3 m (10 ft).
- Spread: 2.5 - 3 m (8 - 10 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Dry / Sandy, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Habit - Weeping, Leaf Colour - Variegated, Rare and Unusual
- On sale!