Ilex x 'Nellie R Stevens'
(Stevens Holly) Ilex x 'Nellie R Stevens' is a rare large shrub or eventually very small tree with dark green leaves and masses of dark orange-red fruit in autumn/winter.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A rare hybrid between Ilex aquifolium and Ilex cornuta, the prickly leaves are a very deep green, in fact some of the darkest green leaves of any plant. Ilex x 'Nellie R. Stevens' is a female form and has masses of pretty, red fruit in late autumn and winter once established.
With a striking pyramidal habit once established, Ilex x 'Nellie R. Stevens' is a handsome and unusual specimen plant!
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ilex x 'Nellie R. Stevens' grows to be a large shrub or if unpruned, eventually a small tree with a pyramidal, upright habit.
- Height: 6 m (20 ft).
- Spread: 4 m (13 ft).
- Notes: Ilex x 'Nellie R. Stevens' is a female plant and requires a nearby male holly to fruit well.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Tree - Small (4m - 8m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Screening/Hedge, Rare and Unusual