Ilex aquifolium 'Golden van Tol'
(Variegated Holly) Ilex aquifolium 'Golden van Tol' is a handsome female holly with creamy-white / dark green variegated leaves and red berries in winter.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A particularly good selection that has lush, dark green leaves with irregular cream/golden margins. The leaves themselves are almost thornless. Ilex aquifolium 'Golden van Tol' has small white flowers in summer, followed by clusters of bright-red berries in winter.
The contrast between the coloured leaves and the berries makes this a particularly good choice of holly for a winter garden!
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Large, densely branching shrub.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Ilex aquifolium 'Golden van Tol' is self-fertile, although it will produce more fruit with a male holly planted nearby.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Leaf Colour - Variegated, Screening/Hedge
- On sale!
- On sale!