Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens'
(Yellow-leaved English Holly) A striking holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens' grows to be a medium sized to large, pyramidal, evergreen shrub with dark green leaves suffused with vibrant canary-yellow and golden variegation.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £65)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
A striking holly, Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens' grows to be a medium sized to large, pyramidal, evergreen shrub with dark green leaves suffused with vibrant canary-yellow and golden variegation. In this winter time the leaves can also be tinged plum purple after a frost although they revert back to their standard colour later in the year.
A superb standalone specimen shrub which can be grown in a large container if required or may also be planted in numbers to give colourful screening once established.
- Position: Full sun or light, dappled shade.
- Soil: Fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Large shrub with a densely branching, cone-like habit once established.
- Height: 4.5 m (15 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Ilex aquifolium 'Flavescens' is a female form, and requires a nearby male holly (such as Ilex 'Blue Prince' nearby to fruit well).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+), Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Soil: Alkaline, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Gold/Yellow, Suitable for Containers, Screening/Hedge