Ilex aquifolium 'Myrtifolia'
(Pineapple Holly) Ilex aquifolium 'Myrtifolia' A handsome, slow growing and compact holly with dusky purple young shoots and small, narrow dark-green leaves edged in spines.
(Delivery within approximately 3 - 5 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A handsome, slow growing and compact holly with dusky purple young shoots and small, narrow dark-green leaves edged in spines. Established plants have a bushy, conical habit.
Ilex aquifolium 'Myrtifolia' is suitable for gardens with limited space and is ideal for growing in a large container.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Ilex aquifolium 'Myrtifolia' grows to be a small to medium sized, compact shrub which can be pruned to size if required..
- Height: up to 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft) in many years.
- Spread: 2.5 m (8 ft).
- Notes: Although male, Ilex aquifolium 'Myrtifolia' occasionally has small single red berries in late summer/autumn.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall), Shrub - Medium (5 - 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid, Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline, Soil Type: Dry / Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Screening/Hedge, To grow in a pot
- On sale!
- On sale!