(Okinawan Holly) Found growing in the wild on the Ryukyu Islands, south of Japan, Ilex dimorphophylla is very slow growing with dainty, prickly leaves which remain bright green all year round.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Found growing in the wild on the Ryukyu Islands, south of Japan, Ilex dimorphophylla has small, dainty, prickly leaves which remain bright green all year round. Late in the year pretty, small red berries appear on the branches.
Ideal for gardens with limited space, Ilex dimorphophylla is also an excellent bonsai plant.
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Reasonably hardy. Ilex dimorphophylla requires protection from cold winter winds.
- Rate of Growth: Slow.
- Habit: lex dimorphophylla grows to be a small rounded shrub.
- Height: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- Spread: 1.5 m (5 ft).
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 1.5m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Acid, Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Dry/Sandy, Site: Coastal Areas
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Foliage - Unusual Shape, Suitable for Containers