Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava'
(Yellow-berried English Holly) Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' is an unusual, sought after holly with large clusters of long lasting, creamy-yellow berries in winter.
(delivered in 3-4 working days, Free for orders over £125*)
(delivered in 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
An unusual, sought after holly with large clusters of long lasting, creamy-yellow berries in winter. These fruit are very handsome and add colour to the garden during an otherwise dark season. The lush green leaves are mostly smooth unlike the common Ilex aquifolium.
Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' is excellent specimen plant or can also be pruned to make a striking and very fine hedge.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Any fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate.
- Habit: Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' grows to be a large branching shrub with a somewhat upright habit.
- Height: 3 - 4 m (10 - 13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: Ilex aquifolium 'Bacciflava' is a female plant and requires a nearby male holly to fruit well.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Light Shade
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Large (3m+)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Alkaline, Soil: Dry/Sandy
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Screening/Hedge, Wildlife Friendly - Birds