(English Holly) A well known and popular evergreen plant which has masses of bright red berries in winter and dark green, prickly leaves which make an excellent deterrent when planted in a hedge.
(Delivery within approximately 4 - 6 working days)
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. We cannot deliver to Northern Ireland or Eire.
A well known and popular evergreen plant which has masses of bright red berries in winter and dark green, prickly leaves which make an excellent deterrent when planted in a hedge. Superb hedging plant which can be trimmed to produce a neat and reasonably formal shape if required.
- Position: Full sun or partial shade.
- Soil: Most well drained fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: May - June.
- Flower Colour: White
- Rate of Growth: Slow to moderate.
- Habit: Large, densely branching shrub which can be pruned hard if required.
- Height: 4 m (13 ft).
- Spread: 3 m (10 ft).
- Notes: These are mixed sex plants, with only the females producing berries.
- How Much Sun
- Full Sun, Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Tree - Small (under 20 ft tall), Shrub - Large (over 10 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Special: Coastal Areas, Soil Type: Acid, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Chalky / Alkaline
- Special Features
- Evergreen, Fruit - Ornamental, Screening/Hedge, Good for Wildlife (Birds)
- On sale!
- On sale!