Hydrangea macrophylla 'Kluis Superba'
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Kluis Superba' is a reasonably vigorous, deciduous, medium sized shrub with dark green leaves and rounded heads of bright pink to blue (depending on soil pH) flowers in mid to late summer.
Spend £85+ on plants and get £10 off with code DECEMBER23 at checkout
Standard - £6.95*
(Free for orders over £50)
Priority - £15
(Within 1-2 working days)
Click & Collect
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Kluis Superba' is a reasonably vigorous, deciduous, medium sized shrub with dark green leaves and rounded heads of bright pink to blue (depending on soil pH) flowers in mid to late summer. The leaves are dark green in colour.
Although tolerant of heavy shade, best display of flowers once established will usually be seen if planted in a position with full sun or dappled shade.
- Position: Full sun or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: July - September.
- Flower Colour: Pink to purple-blue depending upon the soil pH.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate to vigorous
- Habit: Hydrangea macrophylla 'Kluis Superba' grows to be a medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 2 m (6 ft)
- Spread: 2 - 2.5 m (6 - 8 ft)
Please be aware that the water supply on our nursery is alkaline and frequently our blue flowering Hydrangea varieties will have pinkish or purple flowers when they arrive with you, despite having been grown in an acidic compost. This colour will continue for several months after planting before changing to reflect the new soil conditions in your garden.
- How Much Sun
- Shade, Light Shade, Full Sun
- Eventual Size
- Shrub - Medium (1.5m - 3m)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil: Not Fussy, Soil: Acid, Site: Coastal Areas, Soil: Damp/Wet
- Special Features
- Suitable for Containers, Flowers in Summer, Flowers in Autumn