Hydrangea serrata 'Sekka'
New to us, Hydrangea serrata 'Sekka' is a small to medium sized shrub with delicate, airy heads of lace cap flowers which turn bright blue on acidic soils.
Surcharges apply for Highlands/Islands. Free P&P for orders over £250
Please call our office on (01530) 413700
New to us, Hydrangea serrata 'Sekka' is a small to medium sized shrub with delicate, airy heads of lace cap flowers which turn bright blue on acidic soils. These gradually turn pinkish-red as they age in summer. Leaves are dark green with purple mottling later in the year.
Hydrangea serrata 'Sekka' is most suitable for a position in partial shade.
- Position: Light dappled or shade.
- Soil: Moist yet well drained, fertile soil.
- Hardiness: Hardy.
- Flowering Period: late June - August.
- Rate of Growth: Moderate .
- Habit: Hydrangea serrata 'Sekka' grows to be a small to medium sized, rounded shrub.
- Height: 1 - 1.2 m (3 - 4 ft)
- Spread: 1.2 m (4 ft)
- How Much Sun
- Partial or Dappled Shade
- Mature Size
- Shrub - Small (less than 5 ft tall)
- Growing Conditions
- Soil Type: Damp / Wet, Soil Type: Most Soils (not to fussy), Soil Type: Acid
- Special Features
- Flowering Season - Summer (June - August), To grow in a pot
You might also like